Traveling the world is one of the greatest hobbies a person can have. Not only do you get to see new places and faces, but you are exposed to new cultures and ideas that can have a profound impact on your life. Here are ten of the coolest travel destinations (in no particular order) to add to your bucket list this year!
- Paris, France – This has long been one of the most popular travel destination in the world, and for good reason. The City of Lights is full of incredible history, architecture, and (of course) food. From major iconic landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower, to charming hole in the wall cafés, Paris has so much to offer, it would be impossible to list them all.
- The Amalfi Coast, Italy – You can’t go wrong with Italy, but the Amalfi Coast is something truly spectacular. Just over an hour outside of Naples and three hours south of Rome, you’re within driving distance of countless tourist destinations, such as Pompeii, Herculaneum and the Isle of Capri. The coastal towns such as Positano and Amalfi offer amazing food, breathtaking lodging, and easy access to countless beautiful beaches.
- Queensland, Australia – The northeastern Australian state is packed with adventures and excursions that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. The coastal region is covered by dense rainforest, and is home to some incredible wildlife and wildlife parks. Coastal towns such as Port Douglas offer easy access to the Great Barrier Reef, one of the most spectacular coral reefs on the planet.
- London, England – Despite grayer skies, London is so steeped in history and culture that it’s easy to see why it is such a popular travel destination. Full of iconic locations such as Big Ben, the London Eye and Buckingham Palace, there is no shortage of things to do and see in London. The city also makes a great base of operation for any U.K. trip, making it easy to reach other popular destinations such as Bath, Stonehenge and Brighton.
- Maldives – The Republic of Maldives is an island nation in the Indian Ocean, and is quickly becoming one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Full of white sandy beaches, breathtaking coral reefs, and a rich local culture, Maldives has a great deal to offer tourists. The quiet and serene atmosphere and plethora of spas makes it a great getaway destination for anyone in desperate need of some tropical relaxation.
- New York City, United States - Perhaps the most iconic city in the United States, it’s no wonder New York City is the object of dreams and fantasy for people all over the world. Guarded by the Statue of Liberty, the city is home to a wealth of American culture, from Yankee Stadium to the theaters of Broadway. With countless museums and iconic landmarks, you will never run out of things to do in the City that Never Sleeps.
- Machu Picchu, Peru – Located deep in the highlands of Peru, Machu Picchu is one of the most famous archaeological sites in all of South America. The ancient Incan ruins offer a window into the past and an aura of mystery. To this day, little is known about the city or how it was constructed, making it one of the greatest historical puzzles of all time.
- Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming – Located just south of Yellowstone, Grand Teton National Park is often overshadowed by its northern neighbor. That does not make it any less spectacular. With views of staggering snow capped mountains, deep emerald forests and a crystal clear glacial lake, Grand Teton has some of the most spectacular scenery in America. With incredible camping sites and cabins, it is easy to immerse yourself into the wild and beautiful world you will find yourself in.
- Banff, Canada – Located in the Canadian Rockies, Banff offers numerous high-altitude adventures from skiing, to backpacking. The location in the Canadian Rockies make not only for incredible climbing and views, but also some of the best skiing in the world. Camping and hotel accommodations are both available, depending on how rugged you want your mountain adventure to be.