Exercise is critical to a healthy lifestyle but finding the time to have a good workout can be hard on a busy day! That’s why we’ve compiled this list of exercises perfect for the office! Short intervals, and minimal sweat, so you look (and smell) great for that big meeting!
- Hamstring curls – Bend your arms at the elbow and rise one of your feet towards your butt. At the same time, straighten the arm on the same side of your body as the foot you are raising. Repeat for 20 reps. This exercise is hardly noticeable and will help you tone your lower body without working up a huge sweat!
- Seated Leg Raise – While seated (I.E. at your desk!) raise one leg till it’s straight and hold for 5-10 seconds. Repeat for 15 reps on each side. If you need an extra challenge, wrap a bag around your ankle for some extra resistance.
- Knee lift – This is basically the same as a hamstring curl, but in reverse! tuck one knee in towards your torso. Simultaneously, lower your arms below the knee you are raising. Like the hamstring curls, this is hardly noticeable, just make sure you are steady and don’t fall over! Repeat for 20 reps
- Taking the stairs – This one isn’t exactly and exercise like the rest, but you will get plenty of exercise doing it! Skip the elevator every other day and take the stairs instead! This will get your heart rate up and help strengthen your legs. Plus you have added bragging rights when you meet your elevator-going counterparts at the top!
- Triceps dips - This one requires a very sturdy desk, table, or chair! With both hands gripping a surface on either side of your body, lift your feet and lower yourself down using your arms. Push yourself up, and repeat! Repeat for 10 reps.
- Standing pushups – Place your hands on your desk so your arms and legs are straight. Lean forward and complete a “pushup” motion. Repeat for 10 reps.
- Lunges – An absolute classic! Stand with your feet apart in an athletic stance, take a big step forward with your right foot, lowering your left knee till it is just above the ground. Repeat with your left foot. Repeat for 10 reps per side.
- Walking – This one is as easy as they come! Get up and walk for at least 30 minutes per day. Not only will this get you away from your desk, but it’s a great way to get moving!